Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Celebrating Pi Day


I know that I have mentioned more than once how much I enjoy pie.

I have also mentioned that I love pie so much I have been known to eat pie for breakfast.

 The problem is...
 I stink at pie making.

Truly
No matter how hard I try,
I cannot seem to get my crust to look right.

 They always taste great,
but looks...
 not so much

So, when my son
LOVINGLY volunteered
ME
to be the pie making mom
for Pi day at school,
I was more than a bit worried.

MIDDLE school kids can be a tough crowd!
and I did not want to disappoint Charlie
with strange looking pies.

I knew what I had to do.



I marched straight to the frozen food section of my local market,
and bought every variety they had of
Marie Callender's pies.

Apple Pie
Cherry Berry Pie
Chocolate Satin
{my kids favorite}
Key Lime

and I love the mini size for the kids at school

I even bought a pot pie for me
{as a kid, these were one of my favorite meals}



It was delicious,
just how I remembered

and just like a blogger
Marie Callender's
LOVES to hear what you think
{you can write a review here}

They even have a blog {here}
FULL
of great craft and party ideas
{they have a very creative idea for all of those pie pans}

With spring break coming up
I know I am going to need plenty of crafts to keep the kiddos busy:)

With Marie Callender's Pies
it's a win win.

Charlie get's pie
that actually looks like pie
 for Pi day

and I saved myself a LOT of time and aggravation.

Some day I'll get the hang of pie making,
but for now
I'm thrilled that there's
Marie Callender's.




Still need pie for pie day?
click here for a coupon



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you know I love Marie Callender's. Where did you find all the variety of minis? My Target and Walmart only have the coconut, chocolate, apple, and peach minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart in Folsom had TONS - even breakfast pies with egg!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes picking up a pie is just so much easier! And the marie callendars ones are delish! I've never seen the mini one's before, I am afraid I could not be trusted around them!

    ReplyDelete